Would you say any of the following about yourself?
- I can sometimes feel what other people are feeling
- I can sometimes read people
- I can feel the vibe a room as I walk in
- Complete strangers tell me their life story or personal things
- I am intuitive
- At times, people overwhelm me and exhaust me
- I frequently need a break, to be alone
- I love deeply
- I care about social justice issues more than most
- I feel crazy sometimes
Do any of the following resonate with you?
- Are you easily overwhelmed by things like as bright lights, strong smells, coarse fabrics, or loud noises?
- Do you get upset when you have a lot to do in a short amount of time?
- Do you avoid violent movies and TV shows?
- Do you need time alone during busy days, in bed or a darkened room or some other place where you can have privacy and relief from the situation?
- Do you arrange your life to avoid upsetting or overwhelming situations or conflict?
- Do you notice or enjoy delicate or fine scents, tastes, sounds, or works of art?
- Do you have a rich and complex inner life?
- When you were a child, did your parents or teachers see you as sensitive or shy?
If you resonate with many of these, you may be an empath or HSP. I can help you! I used to be called sensitive all the time as a child. I always wondered, "What is wrong with me?" "Why am I like this?" "Why am I different?"
As an adult, I've always been into therapy/life coaching for myself. I figure if I don't know who I am and know how to love myself, how can I help my clients know and love themselves? (In most of Europe, to be a licensed therapist, they require 2-3 years of personal therapy. In the USA, a therapist is required to have ZERO personal therapy!) I find this disturbing on many levels. In my own personal therapy/coaching, I've learned that I am an Empath or HSP. Learning about this has explained sooooo much to me about myself! There's nothing wrong with me! There's nothing wrong with you! However, learning how to navigate through this life while being empathic is absolutely vital to being all you are meant to be and being the best YOU that you can be! Being an Empath or HSP is truly a GIFT! For me, being empathic helps me to help my clients!